Sunday, August 17, 2008

KLONDIKE BLUFFS


16x20
oil on canvas

I painted this for the 2007 St. Charles County Paint Your Parks
Plein Air Contest. It was painted at Klondike Park in Augusta, MO.
I thought I had a great chance against the rest of the paintings there but I failed to even place in the contest. As I was leaving I was carrying this painting. The judge of the show stopped me and said, "OH WOW! Where was that hanging? I didn't see that one!"
I responded, "What do you mean, you didn't see it? This was my entry in the contest!"
He said, "Oh, oh yeah, now I remember it. Great painting."

Hmmmmmm. Anyone else think I was robbed?????

2 comments:

Matthew Fels said...

Nice Plein Air painting. You were Robbed!!

Jeannie said...

I say you were robbed, too! But I'm not sure who cares what your MOM thinks!